Black Bean and Corn Salad dish is refreshing, satisfying, healthy, and very easy to prepare. This salad is full of veggies along with black beans and corn kernels. And the lime juice and zest add a fresh and pleasant note to this dish. This salad is a kind of complete meal for a lunch or light dinner because of beans.
Our Latest Video:
Black Bean and Corn Salad / Easy Black Bean Salad With Corn:
We all know the importance of veggies and salads. But mostly because they are boring and bland, we either skip or force ourselves to eat salads.
However, the salads can also be interesting if we combine the right ingredients and add the right flavors. Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe comes into the latter category; it is super exciting and delicious. And if you believe me, it’s addictive!
This Easy Black Bean Salad with Corn is vibrant, colorful, and flavorful, and keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. It will give you the vibes of spring and summer, even in the wintertime.
Let’s Check What We Need For This Salad:
- Black Beans: We can use either freshly cooked black beans or a can of black beans. For easy and quick preparation, canned black beans are the best to use. I have used organic canned black beans for this salad. If using canned black beans, we need to rinse them thoroughly and then drain them completely before mixing them with other elements. If you cook black beans at home, just drain them before using them for the recipe.
- Corn: We can use either fresh or frozen corn for this salad. I have used frozen corn and boiled them according to the instructions on the package. Allow the corn to cool completely before adding it to the salad.
- Bell Pepper: I love the way bell peppers make our salad colorful. I have used red bell pepper but use any color, yellow or orange bell pepper, for this salad.
- Jalapeno Pepper: Remove the seeds from jalapeno pepper for the mild heat in the salad. But if you prefer your salad with more heat, chop jalapeno pepper with some seeds.
- Celery: Celery provides a nice crunch to the salad. I have used a large stalk of celery but if you don’t have it available, skip it.
- Cucumber: I have peeled the cucumber before chopping it. But you can keep the skin if you prefer. Rinse it thoroughly and then chop it into small pieces.
- Avocado: I love avocado in this salad; it makes the salad creamy and rich. But if we prepare the salad in advance, make sure not to add the avocado at that time. We can add avocado only right before serving.
- Lime Juice and Zest: I have used 6tbsp of lime juice to make this salad vibrant and refreshing. But you can add less or more lime juice as per your taste. Lime zest provides a nice zing to the salad, but skip it if you don’t prefer it.
- Olive Oil: I didn’t prepare the dressing for this salad. Instead, I added oil, lime juice, and spices directly to the salad. And so we can choose the amount of oil, lime juice, and other spices to add as per our preference. Use more oil if you need to, or skip it if you don’t want to use it. Also, add other spices as per your choice to suit your taste buds. Instead of olive oil, you can also use other cooking oil.
How To Make Black Bean and Corn Salad:
Making Black Bean and Corn Salad is a straightforward and easy recipe. We just need to combine everything well, chill and serve with avocado and coriander leaves.
If you cook black beans at home and use fresh corn, it will take some extra time to make this salad.
But if we use canned beans and frozen corn, then only we need to chop veggies. Within 20 minutes, a delicious, satisfying, and wholesome meal will be ready.
If using canned beans, rinse them thoroughly and drain them completely. And for frozen corn, follow the instructions on the package for boiling them. Let the corn cool completely before adding to the salad.
Make-Ahead and Storing:
We can prepare the salad ahead of time. Combine everything except avocado and coriander leaves. Once you prepare the salad, cover it tightly and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Right before serving, remove the salad from the refrigerator, adjust the seasoning if needed, and serve it in an individual bowl.
- Serve this salad as it is as a side dish with your lunch or dinner.
- This salad is very filling to have it as a lunch or dinner as a light meal.
- Or serve this salad with some corn tortilla chips.
- Squeeze some more lime juice if you prefer more tang.
Black Bean and -Corn Salad is:
- Healthy, Satisfying, Wholesome
- Delicious and Addictive
- Vegan, Jain, No Onion No Garlic
- Easy and Straightforward Recipe
- Keeps Refrigerated for Two Days or So
- Serves a Complete Meal
So I hope you will like this recipe and if you make it, please leave your comment. You can also easily rate the recipe in the recipe card below.
More Healthy Recipes:
You May Also Like:
You can follow Vege Home Cooking on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and for videos, Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Black Bean and Corn Salad / Easy Black Bean Salad with Corn
- 3 Cups of cooked black beans (or 2 cans (15 ounces each) of black beans, rinsed and drained)
- 2 Cups of boiled corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 Celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (or any color of bell pepper)
- 1 avocado peeled, seed removed, and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Zest of one lime (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn kernels, jalapeno pepper, celery, cucumber, bell pepper, olive oil, lime juice, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, sugar, dried oregano, and lime zest. Mix everything gently until well combined.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and chill until you are ready to serve.
- Right before serving, add chopped coriander leaves and gently fold in chopped avocado.
- Leftover salad can be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
- Jalapeno Pepper: I prefer to remove the seeds from jalapeno pepper to keep the salad mild. But if you like it spicy, do not remove all the seeds.
- Lime Zest: It adds a nice and refreshing zing to the salad. But if you don’t prefer zest, skip it.
Just made this for July 4th. We love spicy so I used three jalapeños with seeds and jalapeño olive oil. Followed recipe other than that. Super refreshing and love that it has no onions
Hi, thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that you like the recipe.🤗